Saturday, July 2, 2011

making space for plant medicines...


Just recently a friend offered me this 1930s cupboard, a little dusty n mouldy, but nothing a bucket of hot bubbly eucaltyptus wash couldnt handle. I decided to use it as our medicine cupboard. I do believe by making spaces for that which we honour and love theres an energy about of drawing these things into our lives. I love making salves, tinctures, elixirs and brews and it lets the plants know that I value their giveaways. Kinda like an altar to herbs eh. One that can be closed up n away too, like those curiousity cabinets folks made in victorian times filled with, well curious stuff. Often bones, talismans, amulets, taxidermy or just plain ol exotic things from far away places. Sitting ontop are all my gathering baskets, sadly unused of late. Also my dried herb ( aka coffee) grinder that I got for a couple of bucks, which was pretty grotty, but cleaned up, sanded back and oiled came up a dream.....
Ive gathered all my herb and gardening books in shelves next to the cupboards, so all in all my plant shrine is rather well rounded. Now hopefully some herbs will cross my path and wanna play! Next task is to design a logo / label to use for my medicines.....

1 comment: