Saturday, October 27, 2012

Beginnings, also endings...


 Coming up to Samhain in the northern hemisphere, it seeps through into my awareness, even in the southern. As cackling pumpkins, and silhouettes of pointy hat wearing women, with a fine way to travel, appear out of nowhere. Thoughts shift deeper to ancestors, family that have crossed over, especially my brother, Dylan. I realised i didnt have any photos of him up in hq, so pulled out all my boxes and folders with family pictures and other gathered images to create a collage pinned to my cork board. Cranked the stereo and went with the process....


Outside, Ive been watching the green, crysalis like, buds on our Tree Datura growing, and then today they began to unfurl into flower. Like the wet wings of an emerging insect the flowers took form and opened out into the distinctive trumpet shape. I was drawn into the flower, intoxicating in its lovelyness and the play of light within.











Where there are beginnings, also endings. I found a small Eastern Brown snake dead out front of our place. I was fascinated by her beautyfull colouring and the silkyness of her scales, so smooth, but her spirit was still noticeably present so I was real respectfull. Brown snakes have a nasty bite and can be aggressive. I was surprised to see her, as the local snake expert told me they tend to avoid Carpet snakes, despite their shyer nature. We have a couple of them resident, including a big mama.

I put her quietly to rest at the base of a big ol tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment