Friday, October 25, 2019

New moon, new Cauldron and pondering what's brewing in the next cycle...

The New Moon sees me hillbilly stitchin' aka hand sewing a jacket o sorts, made from the gathered together parts of other pieces of clothing. A linen shirt's sleeves n back, cotton skirt's waist band , the hem of another. I'm a running n back stitch woman, not the neatest but it keeps my fingers dancing!



 As I gaze lovingly at my new cauldron :) yep, bought it this morning from Aldi for $50. Stoked! With subsidy by my bemused fella. Exactly what she will brew up in this cycling of sister moon, is yet to be revealed, like the Hagstones I find washed upon da shore after morningk swims. Bit like the clothes I sew, evolving a lil at a time. What timing for such a blessing as this bubble bubble toil n trouble tho!


When I was at art school eeek some 20 years back, a comment was made to me that if I put as much effort into my studies as I did the gear I wore to tech, I'd be getting better results! Ha! Now I find a resurgence in such once frowned upon tangents n outlets for my creativity. Flavoured by a love of plants, recycling and a chilled pace...

I am now over 9 weeks no booze! Keepin it real there! I still take my herbal tinctures as medicine, believing they behave a different way in my body. Would not be without my wildcrafted Wild Rose tincture, so good for the heart chakra. Drop doseage, rather than glass, or jarfull tho ;).

The crafting I do, has cranked up in volume to keep me deeper connected to my veriditas path, and indeed on track. On Dark Moon I brewed up another stainless steel Cauldron, bundled a variety of leaves onto cloth formed into wearables, clothes we calls em, bound em up with string n popped em in for a' boilin'. Bracken Fern, WA fancy Eucalypts (from a florist n all) n my trusty local gum leaves that print so reliably, after a bit o' a soak for a few weeks. Go the Scribbly gum eh! Handy hint there!


Above feet endowed pic is Bracken fern n fancy Eucalyptus leaves laid out that dyed blacks n greens, upon Dianamum's apron. Sewed up in continuing homage to India Flint's pattern idea's. Wasn't so happy with outcome o dat piece, in terms of colours n leaf prints, back into Cauldron with you my deary! The greens however blended better on a linen shirt gifted me by a lovely and generous friendly for some medicines...:)


I had my first go at a solid colour, with a rather lush mohair jumper op shop foundling. Purely by surprise, as when I 'cooked' my clothing bundles I found a piece of felting wool in the dye bath which had turned a delightful, to mine eyes, green grey, Hence...

I feel mayhaps this upcoming lunar cycle may be a bit like the discovery of that floating piece of felting wool, and the trail it led me down. Whilst holding the intentionality of remaining booze free is priority, as is attending our new local 'Hearing Voices' group, we'll see where the craftings n curiosity lead! Indeed, what evolves within that Cauldron o mine heh heh cackle cackle....


No comments:

Post a Comment