Friday, October 7, 2011

down the bush path...

 Im doing a course in 'mindfullness meditation' at the moment, which translates roughly into being present in your body and surrounds, rather than off in future or past in your head. Everyday reality and the senses. Works better for me than internal practices where my head verges on implosion. So thought Id take a nature walk in that context, when this path appeared the temptation to explore led me on...
 These bansia flowers were almost hypnotic in their spiraling....their bark knobbly and warty like a toad skin...



I don't know what it is with reptiles n me at the moment but this well camoflaged character was very cooperative, or shit scared, perhaps a bit of both, as he allowed me to take his portrait.


 The scribbly gums with bug created graffiti on their bark are just coming up to flowering...

A chilled wander that reminded me how cool it is to be able to step off the concrete to tread such paths at my front door. I love my home...

No comments:

Post a Comment