Friday, January 22, 2021

Gifting ourselves soul nourishments.....

Sometimes we hold off on gifting ourselves soul nourishments, perhaps whilst what is needed clarifies, like sediment dropping in water....

Today in these wee hours, I went to a box that contains my craftings of a textile nature, and decisively lifted out the shawl that I hand dyed and stitched some months ago now. Reverantly, feeling a bit like a naughty child too, I wrapped around me the piece that I had earmarked for well, something 'special'. It came to me like a whisper, the idea. It's for you...to wear...to wrap around this bodyhome....

Now seated here, cat Nomad upon my lap, purring merrily, it feels good, and right. We both are injoying its Eucalyptyness in a way a bought item could rarely story. That confirmed it for me, this feeling is a touch of magic. Like the first unfurled bundle that offered up colours that stay to eyes open and curious. That skirt the prints of leaves echoed upon that I wore to threadbareness...

For the next 3 weeks n on, I will lovingly wear this cloak as a journey map. Soul highvis wear. Less oh & s or fluro, more maintaining sanity vibe. It's my mantra to continue the crafts that created it, whether I get saves on my Pinterest or not. If my Etsy store has 1 piece or pages. It's really not relevant, except if'n it brings passers by such as yourself an iota o da joy I receive. It's a life call. To dye n stitch, garden, cook, herbalise, love n laugh. Practice what I consider my witchery in honour of it's existance. Cos without it I'd be pickled in a bottle full time, or blue as indigo in not such a beautyway.

The world of fast fashion is all about appearances, shallow and destructive to the planet in it's practices. It bores me, basically with it's lack of connection to anything I consider 'real'. How can I criticise tho, without creating some other tangent and maintain any sense of authenticity? So, as I continue along an ambling paced path, I will dig my heels in deeper. Immerse more....dive deeper....


 


May you also be open to whatever nourishes your soul in the now, wee hours or otherwise ;).

Blessings n good vibes



No comments:

Post a Comment