Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A wending path....

Come with me down a wending path where you never know what will be growing, be it native, or weed, they all have messages, and medicine, for us if we listen quietly and with some respectfull openess. After all some folks are proud to be weeds.....
The page Ive opened at is a path near my grandmother, Alices, house by the sea, a tea tree path that led me back to her garden. Alice always noticed the small differences in her garden as it changed from day to day, at 95 she still loved having a picnic lunch ' down the garden '. She also made the paper that forms the background of these musings, mulched up something or rathers, as she experimented up to her elbows in her papermaking shed with everything from banana peels to flax leaves....
 Plants have been a presence in my life as long as i remember, well duh thats bloody obvious, how else would you breathe, or appreciate beauty or make kindly medicines that allow you to have some control over your own health? Ooops raved, getting ahead of myself.
So I dedicate these small scale potterings to the green nations without whom we couldnt live, and to my granmas, Alice and Bea, who both loved them in their various guises...

No comments:

Post a Comment