Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wolfesbane...

 I have been doing my otherworldly journeying thang the last few days, more shamanic than my more usual greenwitchyness, or so I thought...

 A couple of times Id ended up at a native american pow wow, stayed a little to watch dancers, then thought this is not my ancestral tradition and moved on. At one point however i saw flashes from around the world showing the common thread running through all traditions of women processing food and medicines, women in africa pounding grain, an european kind a chick using a mortar and pestle, native americans grinding corn....

Last night as I was returning my wolfriend called after me, check out 'wolfsbane' laughing, it was gobbledegook to me at the time...

Anyways, so I think what the **** is wolfbane for about 1/2 a second, then pull out the herb books. Came across wolfbohne, which is lupins, a good green mulch for poor soils and that made sense for the garden here. I just decided to pull out an olde booke to doublecheck, and theres wolfesbane in the index, aconite, Aconitum napellus. As i read more I find shes, highly poisonous, and a plant that, along with hemlock, was used in 'flying ointments'. Whats flying but the same thing as the 'shamanic' journeying  done with repetitive rhythm or other psychoactive plants. This shit is global, and the european witches were that part of the worlds version of shamans. Love it when life messes with labels and information comes through in such experiential ways. Thats one way to learn about herbs...

Id never heard of wolfsbane, but you can bet my wolf friend had, as it was used to poison arrowheads to hunt wolves....

No comments:

Post a Comment