Monday, June 6, 2011

Shamans pouch....Capsella bursa-pastoris.....


Shamans pouch was the first ally I chose to work with, or she chose me, when my mentor Susun Weed explained the beauty of working with one plant for a year. This allows you to try all the different ways to prepare a plant to bring out the best in her. I fell in love with the little heart shaped seed  heads of this plant, I found it woderfull that such a tiny being right under my nose could be so exquisite. Shes a great way to introduce kids to the world of weed fun, and I love to gather her seedheads and flowers in a posy. But this plants not just a pretty face, shes an excellent green vegetable with her rosette of toothed leaves, and despite her tinyness has a strong astringent nature that means she kicks ass when it comes to first aid where theres heavy bleeding. Shes an ally of midwives, and can reduce excessive menstrual flow or bleeding noses. Eat her in your salad, I also make a delicous vinegar with just the seed heads picked off. that turns a lovely rosey colour....

No comments:

Post a Comment